Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Official Results Pending

Well, I managed to take the Praxis. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's the teacher's certification test that all teachers must take to be certified (ie. get a job). For every person, it's a little bit of a different monster, and let me tell you, mine was completely draining. I had no idea so much thought and some handwriting could tire a person out.

For a secondary English teacher, I had to take a total of 3 tests - each one two hours long and each one scraping my brain raw of all it's collective knowledge. 2 of my tests were subject-based, meaning they were about English only. One was all multiple choice (SO easy!) and the other was all essay (easy mentally, but taxing on a person's hand when one is used to typing). I have no doubt I passed both of these with flying colors.

The third test tested me on teaching pedagogy. Every teacher has to take a test like this one - it varies only on grade level of teaching certification.

ARGH!

I have no clue how I did on this one. It was 24 multiple-choice questions and 12 short-answer. Believe it or not, the short-answer were easier for me (well, I AM an English major!), and the multiple choice questions were all guesses on my part. I will have to wait an agonizing 4 weeks to get my official results.

In the meantime, I will start looking for jobs. Teachers are often "conditionally" hired and will only officially be hired once the scores are in.

I'll keep you posted as soon as I am!

3 Comments:

At 1:55 PM , Blogger Meg said...

Phew! I'm sure you did great! Besides SC needs someone one to teach'em how to talk good.

 
At 12:13 PM , Blogger amber said...

I am soooo excited for you. I am certain you passed! You will make an awesome teacher.

Hoping with you...

 
At 1:16 PM , Blogger amber said...

When do you find out again?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home