Monday, November 14, 2005

A Woman's Domain

There's a reason God made men the way they are: to remind women to keep their "domains" theirs.

Typically, men don't get that much into wedding planning. They take care of honeymoon information and a bachelor party, and that's about it. The wedding ceremony and reception is typically a the bride's responsibility and we relish it.

I wish my fiance were like that.

Instead, I was annoyed, pestered, and bothered by a male wedding planner sidekick all weekend.

It's my day, dang it, and I SHALL be the Queen!

Queens don't have sidekicks. Henceforth, all other plans that are connected to MY wedding shall be solely decided by me and me alone.

Democracy - farewell. Welcome your new Monarch.

5 Comments:

At 1:18 PM , Blogger amber said...

Yikes!

Are you serious, Heather?

 
At 1:34 PM , Blogger Heather said...

I'm sorta kidding and sorta not. Brad thinks he knows EVERYTHING about weddings and that he can do a better job at making sure we get the most for our money over me. Well, he doesn't know EVERYTHING about the wedding I want, and truthfully, I'm WAY better with money than him, so it's his arrogance that annoyed me. Hence, I've just decided I will make decisions and he can live with them (and I'm not talking about serious wedding decisions here).

 
At 3:09 PM , Blogger amber said...

gotcha ;0)

 
At 7:57 PM , Blogger Meg said...

I found that even though I had to step into the 'I'm The Queen" role a bit-- Matt really wanted to share wedding planning with me, and would feel guilty for not assiting (he's soo sweet). But none the less it eventually came down to delegating tasks. There's a lot to do-- don't turn away willing help.

 
At 6:37 AM , Blogger Heather said...

Apparently my sarcasm was lost on people. I didn't mean to say Brad will have NO say whatsover in our wedding. I was just venting some frustration and reasserting my right to have the wedding I'VE always dreamed of.

Meg - There's helping and then there's telling me the ideas I come up with are wrong, or, at the very least, implying that I haven't thought things through enough when I'm the only one really doing any thinking. Help I'm fine with. It's lording superiority over me that drives me up the wall.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home