Friday, September 02, 2005

Climax?

Oh, my head hurts from news reports, but I can't stop listening to or reading news updates. I'm both irritated by and sympathetic for the people of the Gulf states. I'm in a state of almost disbelief. I feel like we're living in the world of The Terminator - but without the robotic killing machines. No one has sense. Nothing makes sense. Time has slowed to a crawl. Southern America - as a unified consciousness - is despairing. I swear to you, the South hasn't felt this bad since the Civil War.

Here are my feelings right now in brief:

The president is NOT responsible for this disaster and is NOT the only one to blame for the slow response, so people need to give him, personally, a break. You want to criticize the government as a whole, go ahead, but the fate of the nation does NOT truly rest on one man's head. Quit picking on what didn't happen and what wasn't planned for and start doing something about the problem that exists.

Those shooting at the very people trying to help them - well, you've made your choice. You will deal with the consequences eventually.

Those working as hard as they can to help: God bless and protect you.

Those suffering and dying: I'm sorry and I wish I could help you in a more tangible way. You're more than just a public spectacle.

Those who are out of the mess but have no homes or lives to return to: Phoenix is a great mytholoical character, and he should be your mascot.

Eventually, all the anger, terror, hunger, hurt, sorrow, destruction, rioting, and blaming has to end. And it will. IT WILL!

1 Comments:

At 6:38 AM , Blogger Andrew said...

Heater- I agree- it is hard not to watch the news and not feel really bad for all these people that have lost their homes.

At times like this prayer is perhaps the best weapon we have.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home