Thursday, October 06, 2005

Ah, Rain

I'm not usually a rain fan. I like bright, sunny days with few clouds and no haze. I strongly dislike gloomy, pale-gray days without any sun at all. These days make me feel depressed.

Today, I am thrilled to look out my window and see that it's pouring.

The month of September was a long, hot (85-95 every day), no-rain month. Everything has turned brown and crispy. Leaves weren't changing colors as much as drying up and just falling off. Even with the persistent sun, my view was depressing.

Personally, the month of September has also been a dry month spiritually. Hopes and dreams and efforts have been burnt by the blazing heat of disappointment. I need a soaking wash of fulfilled desires. I need refreshing.

Now, the rain is falling nice and steady outside, quenching the thirst of parched land.

I'm hoping merciful drops from Heaven will soon quench my thirst, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home