Friday, July 13, 2007

Ramblings from an Irate American English Major in Defense of British Literature

*Disclaimer: Those who have not read the Harry Potter books should stop reading right here. Only if you have read the books will you appreciate the sentiments laid herein.

I saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on Wednesday night. To keep us all sane, I will keep my comments to a minimum, but they must be shared.

Visually: stunning! The action sequences and the major fight in the Ministry of Magic looked EXACTLY as I pictured it in my head. I couldn't have been happier with that.

Acting: Good by Daniel Radcliffe (Harry). Book 5 was really all about Harry, and the movie did really reflect this. Dan did a good job playing an angry teenager with too much on his emotional palatte.

Plot: HACKED TO PIECES! SHREDDED! VISUALLY PLUNDERED AND RAPED!

Ending: I can only say this: my soul howled in protest. Damn Americans and their trite, happy endings!

J.K. Rowling should be sued for mismanagment of her own material! What could she possibly need more money for?

And that, my friends, is all I will say, here, about that.

1 Comments:

At 8:19 AM , Blogger Meg said...

remember the days when were in college, and we never liked the same movies. I never have been one for the trite happy ending. I believe that it's taken some time, but that I have in deed rubbed off on you.
congrats again on the paxis ass kicking!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home