Thursday, January 26, 2006

Hazy Shade of Me

A memory. Brought to the surface by an image. The once joy and anticipation that sight held is felt again. The feelings then were grand and glorious and frightening.

I miss them.

For one moment, every tingle once felt in my fresh nerves - the source of every line now around my mouth created that day - is there again. It was the beginning.

Time passed. The sight grew more dear and then . . . faded. Feelings faded, too. Youthful vigor gave way to anxiety, worry, defense and the cares of life. Broodish behavior replaces progressive thinking. Sunlit yellow exchanged for the realities of black & white.

Today, I saw again. I remembered. And suddenly yellow is back in my wardrobe.

*A tribute to "The Barn"

2 Comments:

At 8:17 AM , Blogger amber said...

Ahhh, the Barn. Our Barn? So many memories... new AND faded for me.

Keep writing, friend :0)

 
At 10:10 AM , Blogger Heather said...

Yes, that Barn. =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home